The Rise of Miss Power is the first official WordGirl movie. The original animated movie has Pretty Princess and Magic Pony Power Hour to fill in the time between the movie's four segments. When it was released as individual episodes in 2013, "May I Have a Word" was shown between segments. Each segment is about ten to eleven minutes long. The Rise of Miss Power is also the only one-hour episode.
|"The Rise of Miss Power"|
| Season 4, Episode 14a-15b|
|Production code:||601 , 602|
|Original Airdate:||02/20/2012 (movie), 08/12/2013 & 8/13/2013 (remake)|
|Featured Words:|| Encouraging, Harsh,|
|Written by:||Jack D. Ferraiolo|
"Dinner or Consequences"
"Who Wants to Get Rid of WordGirl?"
The Rise of Miss Power is episode 14a-15b of Season 4 of WordGirl.
An intergalactic visitor, Miss Power, comes to earth and promises to teach WordGirl everything she knows about crime-fighting. When the lessons don’t go as planned, WordGirl and her sidekick Captain Huggy Face begin to question whether Miss Power is a super hero or a super villain.
There's a new super hero in town! Miss Power has come to earth from outer space along with her sidekick, Colonel Giggle Cheeks. WordGirl is excited for Miss Power to teach her everything she knows. But is Miss Power really a super hero? Or could she be a super villain? Besides using her super strength and super speed to defeat villains, Miss Power has another secret weapon: using mean words against others. WordGirl would rather not use her words harshly-but after giving it a shot, she feels empowered. Soon, everyone starts wondering "What has gotten into WordGirl?" And the Botsford's are beginning to wonder "What has gotten into Becky?" Miss Power has taken bullying way too far and WordGirl doesn't like being associated with such a mean person. But when WordGirl tries to stand up to Miss Power, she gets belittled and stripped of her super hero star. Dejected and sulking, Becky goes home to her family. But Miss Power is there to take Sally Botsford away! Will WordGirl be able to save her mom and defeat Miss Power without sinking to her level? WordGirl needs to come up with a plan to save her mom and get rid of Miss Power, fast! Huggy decides to share with her a pamphlet full of secret battle moves from her home planet, Lexicon. Will these moves be enough to save the city from Miss Power?
- [Miss Power hosts her news show on TV]
- Miss Power: Citizens of Planet Earth, guess what? Someone new is in charge. Me.
- Man: Hey, what if we don't want you?
- Miss Power: You'll get to go to jail.
- Man: [gets taken away by Captain Giggle Cheeks] Hey!
- Miss Power: You guys aren't really smart enough to be running things on your own. You'll need a new leader. And guess who that is. I nominate me.
- Woman: We don't need a new leader. We have WordGirl! She can stop you.
- Miss Power: [laughs] No, she can't. I defeated WordGirl! And now this planet is mine! An if you don't like that, wells there's a nice cozy jail cell for you. Just ask District Attorney Botsford.
- Sally: You know if you're all together. There's no way she'd be able to handle you.
- The Villains: Yeah!
- Sally: And guess what you are right now!
- The Villains: All together!
- Sally: Time to show this Miss Power why the rest of this city can't stand with you guys!
- Sally: Let's go get her! Charge!
- Miss Power: Right. Bring it on!
- WordGirl: So you're saying I'm going to be triumphant?
- Miss Power: Yeah. Yes, that's right you're going to be triumphant. Ha!
- WordGirl: I think so too. You know why? Because being triumphant actually means winning!
- Miss Power: What? No it doesn't.
- The Butcher: [offscreen] Oh yeah it does! WordGirl taught me that just last week!
- Note.this was in the wordgirl books